Dr. Erica Peabody
As a dedicated yogi for almost 25 years, a YTT graduate, healthcare provider and health expert, Dr Peabody brings a refreshing and approachable perspective to the festival. She has a thriving family chiropractic practice in downtown Fenton for the past 17 years and many of you have seen her in and around the local yoga studios for decades. She uses yoga on a daily basis inside of patient care “prescribing” yoga postures to support patient health, healing and well-being.
Class Offerings: Yoga as Prescription – A Yogi-Chiropractor’s view on How Asana Heals
A fun and interactive flow-discussion-flow-discussion-flow workshop that addresses the “WHY” behind feeling so good during and after practicing yoga. A run through of the simple biochemical changes that happen inside of the cells that create true healing, the reasons why and how movement nourishes the body and a session of Q&A to follow the workshop from a very approachable healthcare provider.
- How the cells of the body change with movement.
- Increasing longevity through a regular yoga practice – the science
- Specific postures to help specific concerns – neck pain, headaches, low back pain, insomnia, sciatica, and pregnancy
- How a Doctor of Chiropractic uses asana daily to assist with patient care
- How my yoga practice helped me to summit Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Q&A of specific concerns of individuals
Follow Erica on Instagram: @drericapeabody